School for CEOs prepare business leaders for senior roles - purposefully, pragmatically and personally. We do this by discussing the unique insights of our Faculty of 100 senior leaders at our programmes, who share their personal experiences and challenges as CEOs, Non-Executive Directors and Chairs. This podcast is designed to share some of those stories with you, inviting a diverse range of speakers from CEOs of some of the UK's most successful businesses, to elite sportspeople and military leaders.
This podcast is designed to share some of those stories with you, inviting a diverse range of speakers from CEOs of some of the UK's most successful businesses, to elite sportspeople and military leaders. Earlier episodes have featured:
- David Sole OBE - Managing Partner, School for CEOs
- Patrick Macdonald - Chairman, School for CEOs
- Craig Donaldson - Former CEO, Metro Bank
- Shaun Kingsbury CBE - Entrepreneur
- Rosemary McGinness - Chief People Officer, The Weir Group
- Sue Pascoe - Inclusion & Diversity Specialist
- Martin Smith CB MBE and Peter MacDonald - former Royal Marines Officers
- Doddie Weir OBE - Scottish Rugby legend and campaigner for MND
- Tom Kitchin - Chef Proprietor
- Katherine Douglas - Olympic prospect
- Dr Helen Rippon - CEO, Worldwide Cancer Research
- Bob Keiller CBE - CEO and Entrepreneur
- Ian Rankin OBE - Author
- Dr Mairi Macleod - Evolutionary Behavioural Biologist
- Matthew Fosh - CEO & Entrepreneur
- Overcoming Impostor Feeling - School for CEOs Research
Today we are delighted to share our seventeenth episode which explores the story of world record holder Mollie Hughes.
In January 2020 Mollie Hughes became the youngest woman in the world to ski solo from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole. It took her 58.5 days to lug her 105kg sled the 700 miles from coast to pole, and during this time Mollie spent periods 'inside a ping pong ball' enduring extended whiteouts and only herself for company.
In this episode we explore how she got there, highs and lows of the trip and why she does what she does.
Mollie draws on her personal learnings from these trips in keynote presentations at conferences, dinners and events. If you are interested to book Mollie for an upcoming event, visit Speaker Buzz and Debbie Byers will help you arrange this.